Internal wall insulation is done by fitting rigid insulation boards to the wall, or by building a stud wall filled in with mineral wool fibre.
How much could you save?
|Type of Solid Wall Insulation||Annual Saving||Carbon Dioxide Saving Per Year|
|Internal||Around £460||1.8 Tonnes|
Estimates based on insulating a gas-heated, semi-detached home with three bedrooms.
Internal Wall Insulation
- Is generally cheaper to install than external wall insulation
- Will slightly reduce the floor area of any rooms in which it is applied (the thickness of the insulation is around 100mm)
- Is disruptive, but can be done room by room
- Requires skirting boards, door frames and external fittings to be removed and reattached
- Can make it hard to fix heavy items to inside walls – although special fixings are available
- Needs any problems with penetrating or rising damp to be fixed first
Here, at Go Brit Green, we only use the latest wall insulation system that is proven to be more efﬁcient than other products.